|Baked Italian Squash Casserole|
Baked Italian Squash Casserole
|Baked Italian Squash Casserole Ingredients|
- 2 pounds of zucchini and yellow squash, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large tomato, cut into chunks
- 2 small, or 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
DirectionsPreheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and the squash cooking until the squash begins to brown. Season with some of the salt and pepper. Remove the squash to a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
|Cook the Squash and Garlic|
Add the remaining olive oil to the same skillet. Add the peppers and onions, cooking for 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato and season with the remaining salt and pepper. Cook until the peppers begin to soften. Add the pepper mixture to the pan with the squash. Stir to combine.
|Peppers, Onions and Tomatoes Add Flavor and Color|
Sprinkle the mixture with the bread crumbs and the chopped parsley. Stir to distribute throughout the vegetable mixture. Top with the grated Parmesan cheese.
|Ready for the Oven|
Bake the casserole uncovered on the center rack of your preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender, but still crisp, and the cheese has melted.
|Tender, Crisp Vegetables...|
You can get the printable Italian Baked Squash Casserole recipe by clicking the link.