They are simple to assemble and can be made ahead of time. You'll also want to make more of these dates than you think you need. They are addictive.
|The Pepper Sauce Ingredients|
- 8 ounces of roasted red peppers
- 16 ounces of canned, whole peeled tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium, heavy pot cook the onion and garlic together over medium heat until translucent. Add the peppers and a tomatoes with their juice. Cook on low heat for 1 1/2 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cool, then blend or process until smooth. Refrigerate.
|Stuffed Dates Ingredients|
Makes 4 servings
- 16 Medjool dates, pitted
- 8 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 8 tablespoons uncooked Chorizo
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Slice each date and carefully remove the pit. Remove the casing from the chorizo sausage and stuff each of the pitted dates with 1/2 tablespoon of the chorizo.
Wrap each stuffed date with 1/2 piece of bacon.
|Ready for the Oven|