|Very Chocolate Cupcakes|
Make it for them...but also for yourself.
The cake in this cupcake is made with buttermilk because I had buttermilk on hand that I wanted to use up. You don't have any buttermilk? Did you know you can make a quick substitution for buttermilk if you are making a recipe that calls for it, but you don't have any in your refrigerator? There are two substitution methods I have used successfully in the past. Choose whichever one works with the ingredients you have in your pantry and refrigerator. They both work perfectly well.
1. Lemon or vinegar and milk: In a one cup measuring cup, add i tablespoon of fresh lemon juice or vinegar. Top the lemon juice or vinegar with skim, low fat or whole milk. Stir and let sit for two minutes. After that your milk is both acidic and curdled.
2. Yogurt and milk: Mix 3/4 cup of plain yogurt with 1/4 cup of milk. Stir together for a quick buttermilk substitution. I've also successfully substituted yogurt for buttermilk in equal quantities.
As with most desserts at my house I like to make these and freeze them so I'll have something tasty on hand to satisfy a sweet tooth. Wrap each cupcake individually and pop them in your freezer. You'll be glad you did. Are you ready for some yummy chocolaty, chocolate cupcakes?Very Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes 20 cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
|Very Chocolate Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients|
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups buttermilk, shaken
- 6 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
|Mix the Dry Ingredients Together|
|Mix the Batter until Smooth|
|Use a Scoop for Uniform Cupcakes|
Let cupcakes cool in the pan completely before frosting.
|Cool Cupcakes Completely before Frosting|
This is Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Frosting recipe found on the back of every Hershey's cocoa powder. It's easy to make and always delicious.
|The Chocolate Frosting Ingredients|
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Melt the butter. Stir in the cocoa. Mix together the milk and vanilla.
|Mix together the Sugar and Milk|
|Frost the Cupcakes|
A taste test confirmed these are moist, chocolaty and worth the calories! You can get the printable Chocolate Chocolate Cupcake recipe by clicking the link.
Would you like to try a different cupcake recipe? These are yummy:
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Boston Cream Cupcakes