I had one challenge with these cupcakes. The cupcakes looked perfect when I took them out of the oven, but they quickly deflated as they cooled. Extending the cooking time had no effect. They still deflated, resulting in a moist and dense cupcake. The strawberry flavor is delicious and the cupcakes keep well in the refrigerator.
|Strawberry Cupcake Ingredients|
adapted from Paula Dean
Makes 22 cupcakes
- 1 (18.25 ounce) white cake mix
- 1 (3-ounce) box strawberry flavored gelatin
- 15 ounces frozen strawberries (unsweetened), thawed and pureed, 1 tablespoon reserved for frosting
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick), unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8- ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 package Duncan Hines Strawberry Frosting Flavor Enhancer
- 1 tablespoon pureed strawberries
- 3 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, eggs, oil, water, and strawberries. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
|The Batter is a Lovely Strawberry Color|
|Fill Evenly with a Scoop|
This is NOT a sponsored post.