|Roasted Butternut Squash Agnolotti in a Pistachio Cream Sauce|
Roasted Butternut Squash Agnolotti in a Pistachio Cream SaucePrinter Friendly Recipe
Serves 5 as an appetizer
Serves 2 as a main dish
|The Simple Ingredients|
- 1 package Buitoni Roasted Butternut Squash Agnolotti
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of coarsely chopped pistachio nuts, for garnish
Make sure you have all of the ingredients at the ready for this recipe. It is made in about 6 minutes once the pasta water comes to a boil. Finely chop the pistachio nuts in a mini chopper or food processor. You'll want the chopped pistachios to resemble a fine sand.
|The Ground Pistachio Nuts|
Pour the heavy cream into the pan stirring to combine. Add the Parmesan cheese and parsley. Heat the mixture gently.
|Add the Cream|
Serve three butternut pastas topped with additional chopped pistachio nuts and Parmesan cheese per person for an appetizer. Pair the pasta with a crisp Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.
|Roasted Butternut Squash and Pistachio Cream Sauce Appetizer|
Before you go...Join the Just One Donna community by signing up for periodic emails with exclusive content. Sign up in the sidebar to get notified of new posts via RSS feed.
Buitoni, provided coupons to allow me to try their packaged pasta for free.